To be honest, I forgot that it was Memorial Day weekend mostly because my family and I usually don't really celebrate it that much, and because I can be pretty forgetful sometimes. I can remember birthdays, phone numbers, names, and faces, but if you try to get me to remember the important stuff, your trying will be in vain. :)
1. One thing that I really love about summer is all of the light, yummy food. Summer picnics and barbecues are my favorite! I especially love all of the fresh fruits and vegetables, too. As a matter of fact, right now there is a giant cantaloupe and a luscious watermelon calling my name from the kitchen.
I really want to try this Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake, this Raspberry Sorbet, and this Avocado and White Bean Salad. They all look super fresh and yummy! I'll tell y'all if I like the recipes if I ever get around to trying them.
2. I also love going to the beach. The beach is my all time favorite place to travel. Beaches that I have gone to and loved are: Hunting Island, South Carolina, Folly Beach, South Carolina, Outer Banks, North Carolina, and Isle of Palms, South Carolina. As you can see, I like to stay in the Carolinas.
These two pics are from Hunting Island. I loved Hunting Island! The beach was very secluded, was bright, and gorgeous. There were little crabs, lots of seashells, and so much beauty!
3. While I love the beach, I also like sitting out by the pool and reading a great book (plus tanning, of course). Right now I am reading Love Idol by Jennifer Dukes Lee. Let me tell you, It is wonderful! It can also be a devotional, and it has discussion questions in the back. Jennifer Dukes Lee is such a great writer! She just draws you in, and it is hard to put the book down.
I recently finished The Giver, by Lois Lowry, which I really enjoyed! It was a great, delightful read that left me crying and laughing.
4. I love the colors of Summer. Coral, bright blue, bright pink, fresh white, all of them. They are just so pretty and fun. They brighten up my day! I am really loving coral right now. What is your favorite Summer color?
5. The beautiful days are just so pleasant! On those beautiful days, and since I have more time during the Summer, I like to craft. I recently finished a blogging binder that I absolutely love! Yesterday, I posted about how I made the dividers and monogram cover for it, and next Thursday, I will post the full reveal. You can see the full post here.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!