I am just going to go ahead and dive right on in with a story that also includes the surprise:
Recently, I have really been in a closet rut. Discontent and envy have been my friends. I keep wanting more and more clothes, when I already have plenty. So, yesterday I decided that I would go into my closet and remix my pieces to create new looks, hoping that in doing that, I would become content and would stop coveting my blog friends' clothes. Well.... I forgot. I think that it was God who made me forget. Why? Because last night, I woke up at 2:45 am. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. So, I did what I always do. Go on my phone. (I know, I know. Bad idea. But, just keep reading...) I hopped onto Pinterest. While on Pinterest, I thought that I would look at some outfits to give me some inspiration for remixing some of my clothes. But, I found myself thinking "If I could just have this I would be able to make outfits.... If only I had that", you know the drill. Then I searched contentment because I was fed up with my ungodliness. I read a few articles, soaked up some verses about contentment, but still nothing. Okay, you guys, here comes the surprise part. Flash! A light bulb switched on in my head. "What if I did a capsule wardrobe?", I thought. So, after a few thoughts and prayers, I worked out some details in my head. And, at 3 something in the morning, I decided to begin my first capsule wardrobe.
You know that feeling that you get when you know that something is right or is supposed to happen? Yeah? Well, I am feeling that right now. I just know that this capsule wardrobe will be a process to get envy and discontentment out of my head, and thankfulness and gratefulness into my heart.
Details on the capsule wardrobe:
- This is my first capsule wardrobe, so it will not be perfect. It is more of a trial run.
- It will only be for a month/30 days. From May 6 through June 4.
- I will probably only be including 15 pieces which includes shoes and clothes. The 15 or so pieces don't count jewelry, scarves, or purses.
- Since I stay at home and wear gym shorts or yoga pants and a t-shirt most of the time, I won't have daily outfits for you guys. I will probably have 3-5 outfits a week.
- Even though the capsule wardrobe lasts only to June 4, I will still be posting outfits from the capsule wardrobe the week after because I will take pics of the outfits that I wore that week on Saturday, and post them the next week.
- I will be posting more on the capsule wardrobe and what pieces I included tomorrow. Stay tuned!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments!
And because I am going to be very busy with capsule wardrobe stuff today, I will leave you with an outfit:
Photography by Allie D.