Monday, January 4, 2016

One Word

This week, I am switching my schedule up a bit: Instead of an outfit post on Monday,today, I will not have an outfit post for you, and instead of an encouragement post on Wednesday, it's this post today. Tuesday's post will be the normal style post, and Wednesday's post will be Currently.

I hope you had a really great New Years! Thank you, readers, for reading and following my blog. I really appreciate your support! Thank you! :)

This year, through a Bible plan, I decided that instead of making resolutions, I was going to simplify things and just pick one word for the coming year. 

Nine out of ten people will fail with their New Years resolutions. One-half will fail by the end of January. For these reasons and because I am one of those people who aren't very good at keeping resolutions, I thought I would try just picking one word. Also, it's not really you picking a word for yourself. It's actually praying and asking God to reveal a word to you. He knows the future, so He knows what your word should be.

As I was praying and struggling to block out all distractions and really hear from God, I did. In a small voice, God revealed to me my word. My word for this year is uncomfortable. I get kind of uncomfortable just thinking about it.

When it really sunk in, I realized that this year is going to be a year of growth. I am going to be stretched in so many ways. I am the person who likes to stay in my comfort zone. I run away when I see any sign that I may be uncomfortable, so this year is going to be a big change for me. But that's okay. As Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said, "All things must change to something nw, to something strange."

This coming year, I need to allow myself to be uncomfortable and vulnerable. My mantra is "Embrace the uncomfortable." I need to have raw trust. And I need to learn to show my emotions and opinions. I have lived way too long being indifferent and passive.

I think that having just one word will help me to keep my focus on what God has for me this year. I think that it will be very beneficial. I look forward to this new year and everything that God has in store for me!

What is one word that would describe this new year for you?

Also, Dressember fundraising pages will continue to be open all the way through January 31st. I will continue to share the website link with y'all so that you can donate if you wish.

See where I link up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?