Friday, January 29, 2016

High Five for Friday + Five Minute Friday

Happy Friday, you guys! We made it to the weekend! Thank goodness! Read on to see the five high points of my week:

1. The theme for today's Five Minute Friday is quiet.

When I think about the word quiet, I think about the opposite of business. I have been pretty busy lately, but the Lord has been prompting me to prioritize. He has reminded me that in the midst of all the mess and business, He wants me to focus on Him. 

Part of focusing on Him is being still and quiet. I have a hard time being still. I like to do things. I enjoy getting tasks done and checking them off my to-do list. It makes me feel good about myself. But, God beckons us to stop what we are doing, and to spend some quiet, alone time with Him. 

When we stop and get quiet, we are reminded of God's mercy and grace. When we are still, we allow God to speak to us. We allow Him to work and move in our lives. I don't know about you, but that is all I want. To be still and know, truly know, that He is God.

2. Last week was tremendously busy. But, instead of dwelling on the business and the fact that my time was running down, I switched my focus to how much I had already gotten done. It was hard, but by God's grace, I got through. This week has been much better and for that I am thankful.

3. Lately, I don't know what it is, but I have been really drawn to outfits with lots of layers. This pin has really inspired me as well as the photo below. Sorry for the really bad quality. It has been pretty cold and snowy, but it supposed warm up, so I don't think that I will be wearing outfits like these soon. :)



4. There is a very formal event that I am going to in a month or two. I already have a skirt which you can see below this. I have been looking for a top to go with it for forever. I just can't seem to find one that I like and that matches. I don't want white or pink because they would clash with the skirt. I have been looking at black and gold colors, but I just can't find one that is fancy enough. I would wear a crop top or a regular one. Have any ideas? If you see something, just send it my way. :)


5. Just in case you missed them, here are this week's posts:

Marsala + Black and a New Schedule

Real is the New Black

What do you think?

Linking up with these lovely ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?