Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Currently: January 2016

Happy Wednesday! It's time for the monthly Currently post that I participate in. Thanks Anne and Jenna for hosting each month! This months topics are: resolving, reading, organizing, loving, and craving.

Resolving
This year, I overall just want to be a better person. Instead of making multiple resolutions, I decided to listen to what one word that God wants me to focus on this year. You can read all about that one word here.

Reading
Right now, I am reading Opening the Door to Your God-Sized Dream: 40 Days of Encouragement for Your Heart by Holley Gerth. Having not read any book by Holley Gerth, I am really enjoying this one. It is more of a devotional type of book with daily devotions. I have wanted to read one of her books, and the new year seemed like a great excuse. 

currently January 2016 resolving reading organizing loving craving


Organizing
I am not a big organizer, but I do hate it when my bedroom is too messy. My room was looking really cluttered last week, so I decided to tidy it up a bit. I headed out to the Dollar Tree and Walmart and purchased a few cheap containers. I moved a couple of things around, got rid of some stuff, and reorganized a bit. My bedroom looks great, and I feel at lot less stressed. :)

Loving
Lately, I am loving life. Life has really been great. This year has started out really well and I am enjoying it immensely. Nothing super exciting has happened, but I have just had this joy. I can't explain it, but I am just super happy and am really enjoying this life that God has graciously given me.

currently January 2016 resolving reading organizing loving craving

Craving
I have been craving all the salty snacks. I have a big sweet tooth, so I usually crave desserts, but for some reason, I have been wanting crackers, pretzels, and nuts. I try to be as healthy as possible, so pretzels and crackers aren't usually in my diet. It has taken a lot of self-control and giving in to stop this craving. :)

currently January 2016 resolving reading organizing loving craving

What about you? 

Also, Dressember fundraising pages will continue to be open until January 31st. I encourage you to prayerfully consider donating to Dressember to free the women and children that are stuck in trafficking.

See where I link up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?