Friday, May 20, 2016

High Five for Friday: Summer Anticipations Edition

Happy Friday! I hope your week was fabulous! Because my week has been pretty uneventful, and because I am really looking forward to summer, I am doing a summer anticipations edition of my regular High Five for Friday post:

1. The number one thing that I am looking forward to is summer days out at the pool. I am anticipating laying out and getting a golden glow on my skin and reading some great books. Summertime is when I really speed through books. I love reading, but don't always have the time. During summer, I usually have ample time to read while I am tanning.


pool summer


2. I love picnics and barbecues. With both Memorial Day and July 4th during the summer months, I can get my fill of picnics and picnic food too! Just think, watermelon, corn on the cob, homemade ice cream. I can't wait.


grill picnic summer


3. The beach. Need I say more?! The beach is my absolute favorite place to go. The salt, the sand, the sun, I can't get enough. I especially love Folly Beach and Isle of Palms in Charleston, SC, Hunting Island, SC, Outer Banks, NC, and Edisto Beach, SC. 


beach summer


4. Summer clothes. Even though it gets super hot where I live, I still love wearing summer-y shorts, sundresses, and tank tops. My favorite way to add interest to an outfit during the heat of summer is to wear statement jewelry. They add lots to an outfit, but not heat. 


statement jewelry necklace summer


5. I love the bright colors and gorgeous flowers that summer brings. Anything bright and summer-y is up my alley. :)




What are your summer anticipations?

Linking up here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?