Friday, February 5, 2016

High Five for Friday + Five Minute Friday 2.5.16

Happy Friday, friends! I hope you had a lovely week! Mine was really nice! Keep on reading to see the high points of my week:

1. Today's theme for Five Minute Friday is focus

I have trouble focusing all the time. I am easily distracted. It is super difficult for me to keep my focus especially when I am doing something boring or not using my hands.

I have to keep asking God to help me keep my focus on things. The most important thing to focus on is God. Lately, I have been asking God to help me to completely focus on Him and who He is.

When I am focused on Him, my day goes a whole lot better. I am less grumpy, I am not overwhelmed by the day's tasks, and I have more joy. 

When we shift our focus from lesser things and onto Christ, our lives are ultimately changed for the better. It is easier to hear Him, we find it hard to complain, and we are less concerned with what others think of us.

2. On Saturday, I splurged and got some ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. I had gotten a $5 gift card and I wanted to spend all of it on one ice cream instead of splitting it up and getting multiple ice creams out of it. I got chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup, peanut butter, and Resees cups. I was SO GOOD!


cold stone creamery ice cream Reeses high five for friday five minute friday


3. We have had really warm temperatures lately. On Sunday, it was so warm that I wore sandals to church and shorts in the afternoon. I loved it! It felt like straight up Spring!

4. On the 31st of January, the fundraising of Dressember ended. The whole challenge of wearing dresses ended on December 31st, but the fundraising portion ran all the way to the end of January. This year, $915, 627 was raised! This is enough to fund over 200 rescue operations, or pay over 45 anti-trafficking lawyers' salaries for a year, or pay for aftercare therapy for over 1,000 survivors for a year! Thank you for being a part of this!

5. Because I am super forgetful, I forgot that Wednesday was the monthly Currently post that Anne and Jenna host. So, saying that, I am going to write a little mini version of it here.

Sending
I am going to turn this one upside down. I still have not sent my Christmas thank you notes. I know, I know. I am so bad, but I just haven't gotten around to buying stamps and then actually sending them. I guess I should put that on my to-do list. Haha!

Eating
I have been eating... ice cream! See number 2 above. :)

Dreaming
I have been dreaming about future plans. Travels, adventures, life. I am BIG dreamer, so I am constantly dreaming and thinking about this and that.

Smelling
I have been smelling the Christmas Morning Latte that Wal-Mart makes for tart warmers. It smells so good!

Hearting
All of the Valentine's Day outfits. Pink is my favorite color, so I am loving all of the romantic, pink, girly looks. Also, I cannot get enough of Pantone's colors for Spring, Rose Quartz and Serenity!

Just in case you missed them, here are this week's posts:

Tips and Ideas to Wear Rose Quartz for Winter (Which is a Great Color for Valentine's Day As Well)

You are Made New
you are made new High Five for Friday Five Minute Friday

I hope you have an amazing weekend!

See where I link up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?