Thursday, January 29, 2015

How to Wear a Dress in Winter || Summation

Today is the last installment of the How to Wear a Dress in Winter series. I have decided to do a sort of summation post to end it with a bang. All of the ways to wear your dresses in winter are broken down and numbered below.
How to Wear a Dress in Winter || Summation. Ways to wear your summer dresses in winter...


1. Add a Warm Completer Piece 
The first way that you can winterize your summer dresses is to add a warm completer piece. Completer piece meaning cardigans, jackets, etc. I LOVE my jean jacket to death, so it would definitely be my favorite completer piece.

 2. Throw on a Scarf 
Another way, which is my favorite, is to add a scarf to keep your neck warm. I love scarves because they add more character and style to the outfit. Plus, they keep you extra nice and toasty. :)

 3. Wear Leggings Underneath
The third way to make your summer dresses wearable for winter is to wear leggings underneath them. As you can tell by the photos, I almost always wear leggings with my dresses. I wear them all the time because, a) they keep you warm, b) if your dress is to short then you can wear it as a tunic, and c) because you don't have to worry about your dress coming up and someone accidentally seeing a little too much. :)

4. Add Winter Pieces
In addition to all of these, I like to wear fall and winter pieces like boots, ankle boots, sweaters, winter colors, etc. I love wearing my ankle boots with my dresses! They add an instant winter look to all of your dresses.

I hope that you enjoyed this series. I know that I did! It was so much fun showing you guys different ways to wear your dresses in winter, and show you some inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Scarves, leggings, ankle boots...these are my favorite go-to winter items, and I could not agree more that they help extend the life of dresses through colder weather months! Great series, Sarah!
    Warmest Regards,
    Cynthia at http://styleneverstops.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I always enjoy reading your encouraging comments, Cynthia!

      Sarah
      http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/?m=1

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?