Saturday, December 19, 2015

My Favorite Christmas Traditions with #WarbyHoliday

Everyone has a few Christmas traditions that they continually do. I have a few that I love and I thought that I would share them with you.

1. Like I mentioned here, every year after Thanksgiving, I start to read the books in the Christmas Hope series by Donna VanLiere. I always enjoy reading the inspiring stories of love, hope, and joy. I am constantly crying or laughing along with the characters. I also like to sit with a cup of tea or hot cocoa and curl up with these books. 



2. Every year, I go Black Friday shopping with my mom and sister. We also decorate the house for Christmas on the Friday after Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving ends, that is when all the Christmas stuff starts for me.

3. On Christmas Eve or the 23rd every year, (my mom started this when I was a kid) we have a Happy Birthday Jesus party where we bake tons of sweets usually consisting of sugar cookies, peppermint cookies, and other types of candies.



4. Usually we watch Polar Express. It really isn't Christmas until Polar Express and How the Grinch Stole Christmas are watched.

5. We always drive around and look at Christmas lights. Most of the time, we make and bring milkshakes and wear PJ's and cuddle up with blankets in the car.

6. We always read the Christmas story on Christmas morning. I love that we do this first because it sets the tone for the whole day. Christmas is all about Jesus' birth.

7. Last but not least, we make and decorate gingerbread houses each year.

Warby Parker, an eyeglasses and sunglasses company that seeks to offer designer eyewear at great prices, reached out to me and asked me to share some of my favorite Winter activities along with a pair of Warby Parker frames that I would wear for these winter activities. 

Since I don't wear eyeglasses, I picked these adorable sunglasses:



I love the tortoise shell and the golden color. They are super pretty and would go with pretty much anything. I also love the aviator look which would fit anybody's face shape.

Warby Parker strives to keep their prices low. They also have a super neat home try-on plan. This was on their website: "By circumventing traditional channels, designing glasses in-house, and engaging with customers directly, we’re able to provide higher-quality, better-looking prescription eyewear at a fraction of the going price.

We believe that buying glasses should be easy and fun. It should leave you happy and good-looking, with money in your pocket.

We also believe that everyone has the right to see.

Almost one billion people worldwide lack access to glasses, which means that 15% of the world’s population cannot effectively learn or work. To help address this problem, Warby Parker partners with non-profits like VisionSpring to ensure that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need."

The fact that they give glasses to those in need makes buying from them even better. :)

What do you think?

See where I link up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?