Friday, June 12, 2015

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday, y'all! Wow! This week was great. The reason why it has been pretty quiet around here at the ol' blog, is because I went on vacation. Check out the five high points of my week:

1. As said above, I went on vacation. We left on Saturday and went to Chattanooga, Tennessee for a 5 day camping trip. It was so much fun! I am very close to my immediate family, but also my extended family. It was great spending more time with both my immediate family and my extended family. Including myself, 16 people were there. Granted, we did have two campers and a cabin, so it wasn't too cramped. On Monday, I will be posting a trip diary with TONS of pictures.

waterfall, Rock City, Tennessee, travel


2. Some of you may know Rachel from Garay Treasures. A while back, she generously offered a giveaway to Oakleigh Rose, an online boutique, for $25 off any purchase. I won that giveaway, and with the $25, I ordered the Multicolor Maxi Dress. It came on Friday right before we had to leave for Chattanooga. Perfect timing, right? I love it so much! It is so cute and comfortable. Really one of my best purchases. I'm planning to wear it either tomorrow or Sunday.

maxi dress, Oakleigh Rose, stripes


3. On Tuesday, I posted my second Style Snippets post on pattern mixing. Pattern mixing is one of my favorites, and I offered a few of my tricks in the post. The first tip: Use common colors to easily tie the patterns together and make your outfit look cohesive and put together

five high points Style Snippets


You can read the other tips and the rest of the post here. Don't forget to vote at the end of the post on what you want to see next month!

4. Rachel from Garay Treasures hosts a link-up each week, Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me. She features a few people each week. Tuesday, she featured my What I Learned from My Capsule Wardrobe post. You can see her sweet words here. Thanks so much, Rachel!

5. Next week, I will go back to my regular blog posting. Even though I enjoyed my vacation, I am glad to get back to the normal swing of things. Have a great weekend, and see you Monday for my vacation recap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?