Monday, November 28, 2016

Dressember, My Blogiversary, & Grace + Lace Link Up

Happy Monday! I hope that your holiday and weekend was amazing! Mine was full of food, family time, shopping, and rest. Since Dressember is three days away, I decided that I would talk about Dressember and what it is about.

Last year, for the first time, I did something totally different with my December. I decided to join the hundreds of women all over the world who wear dresses for the whole month of December to advocate for the millions of women and children who are sold all over the world for their bodies.

The whole point of wearing dresses is to get people talking. They will notice that all you're wearing during one of the coldest months of the year is dresses, and it will spark a conversation. Then you will be able to educate them on human trafficking and maybe they will feel moved to donate.

600,000 to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year, 80% of which are female and half are children. Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry. It generates a profit of $32 billion every year.

Participating in Dressember last year was so great! Not only was it rewarding, but I was able to raise money for a cause that I care about while participating in a challenge that stretched my style to new limits.

I was able to raise a good amount last year, but I wanted to raise more! Ada from Elegance and Mommyhood has agreed to work alongside me {thanks, Ada!}. Today, I am asking you, yes you, to join us. Join us in advocating for those who have no voice. I know that if we, as a team, work together I know that we can raise SO MUCH! We can change so many lives for the good!

The team that I have put together right now is called Truly Free and consists of myself and Ada. We would be glad for you to join as well!

Dressember, My Blogiversary, & Grace + Lace Link Up via mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com #dressember #youcandoanythinginadress #itsbiggerthanadress #blogiversary #linkup


How can you help? You can do three things:

1. You can take the challenge! All you must do is wear dresses for the whole month of December. And talk about it. Also, pants are okay if they are required by your job, you're working out, or you're cleaning or sleeping. Wear a dress when you get to choose what to wear. Wearing pants under dresses is acceptable as well, and super cute! Those that live in very cold climates have the greatest impact, so if you do live in a place with a frigid winter climate, don't count yourself out. It's super easy to layer!

2. Spread the word! Talk to everyone you know and educate them. Also, when speaking to them, share this page so that they will have a place to donate to.

3. You can donate! All I ask is that you prayerfully consider how much to donate and if you feel led to give, go here. And thank you!

If you would like to join or have any questions please feel free to email me here: mybowsandclothes{at}gmail{dot}com.

Also, it is my two year blogiversary today!! Thank you so much for sticking by me through all of it! You guys are the best!

See where I link up here.

Let's get to the link up!

Dressember, My Blogiversary, & Grace + Lace Link Up via mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com #dressember #youcandoanythinginadress #itsbiggerthanadress #blogiversary #linkup



Since there was no link up last week due to the holiday, there are no features this week. Consider everyone to be featured!


-Link back to Spreading His GraceBows & Clothes, or both

-Subscribe to both blogs and follow each of us on at least one social media.

Mackenzie: Blog | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Sarah: Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin'

-This link up has no theme, so we encourage you to link any of your recent posts. Also note that we have to right to delete your link if it is inappropriate. However, we are super excited to read about your passions, and are so glad that you've decided to join us!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?